Tuesday, June 24, 2008

an ode to the bubble wrap!

so there is this wacky editor of HTcity, mumbai, ms.lalita iyer whom i so adore for amazingly funny pieces of weekly editorials, chickwit. this week she came up with her love for bubble wrap and let me tell you, i know exactly how she feels!

bubble wraps are like god sent! you can burst them all day long..trust me, you actually can! its like bursting little pods of happiness. it is a weird obsession i know, but damn it you just CANT get over it! picture this, someone gifts you a bone china statuette, and instead of admiring the fine workmanship of the statue you end up bursting all the bubbles on the bubble wrap...wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fun isn't it?

the focus you can put in bursting the little bubbles is ummm a little weird but goddamnit, VERY satisfying! i have borne the wrath of my mommy dearest on numerous occasions for making the bubble wrap useless but God know that doesn't stop me. i just love the PHAT PHAT PHUT sound that goes with bursting the nice little bubbles.
let me just make it clear i am not a serial bubble killer but OMG i cant stop my weird little obsession!

mr.whoever-invented-bubble-wrap i am in awe...thank you for creating such a wonderful creation which gives me such a release..ok so now that i have said it, i feel awesome. and now i am off to de-bubble a bubble wrap.wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

=)
neeyaali!

1 comment:

Lalita said...

this is surreal.. i just found this online more than a year after i wrote it. and i still love bubblewrap, just a piece does it for me.
cheers!