Thursday, January 13, 2011

the young and stupid

I am in my early twenties which is the perfect age to be young and stupid (not that i wasn't before, but apparently it is more justified when you are in your 20s). I already have quite a collection of stories to tell my grandkids proving that I was by no means a boring young girl and I intend to have a lot more. The point of this post is not really those stories, which I might not reveal to anyone till I have grandkids :P, the real point is, its okay to make stupid spontaneous decisions.

I have made decisions which were not exactly smart, most of them resulted in funny/weird stories, but they were MY decisions rational or not. yes there are instances where I should have taken the other way out but you learn to stand tall only when you fall down enough. If I were really all miss-goody-two-shoes, maybe by now I would have been frustrated being all nice and turned into a psychotic bitch.

In retrospect i don't really want to change any thing, maybe then I wouldn't have turned out the way I have. ( I have been told I am awesome, I shall assume that is true). I think I still have a good 5 years to be all young and stupid, as long as I don't murder someone or get involved in a bank robbery I think I am fine. Even with all my stupid and rash decisions I think I've turned out quite okay. Good job mom! :)

No comments: