Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentines Day

There Nipa, I am making this public.. I think Valentine's day is the most pointless holiday ever! It is over hyped and overdone like a bad cliche, and everywhere you turn there are hearts and balloons (the pink hearts really make me cringe)

I won't even deny I am a hopeless romantic and maybe till I was 15-16 I really thought very highly of Valentines day. What was supposed to be - show your love to people you love, its now become a gift giving extravaganza! Its not like I am bitter, trust me I am not! (chocolates and pastries varieties suddenly increase so I am happy). I just happen to think there is no need for a special day to celebrate love, every day is valentines day. In fact if you need a day to "remind" people that you love them, then there is probably something wrong there.

For me, people who are special to me, know they are special (they like it or not). As per my ritual since years, I will still buy myself some chocolates, Although I really wouldn't mind a nice dinner (take a hint, you know I am talking to you) :P

No comments: