Saturday, November 22, 2008

day 1

first of all stop giving me shocked expression, now that I've gotten rid of my Orkut and Facebook accounts! it was about time. really! i was too addicted to it. hey its not like I've shifted to Himalayas or something. you can still contact me on mail and instant messengers. =)

yeah so now on since this is THE wedding season i thought I'd give updates and my observations. i am going to be attending 3 weddings in this week. tomorrow Sunny bhai's wedding, and then Mansi didi wedding on 30th and Chandani's wedding, which i might miss cause its on the same day as Mansi didi's (though i am attending rest of her functions).

my wedding week started today with Mansi di's "lagan lakhwani vidhi". it was to start at 9.30 but i got up at 9.20..lol. so anyways. i did tried my best to take less than 45 mins in bath. don't look at me with those eyes. i usually take 10 mins but i had to wash my crazy hair! so me and Moni somehow reached there around 9.50 and rest as they say is the boring vidhi!

all aunties crooned to "mari benni" or something like that, (its some sort of a gujju wedding themed song) while i was gulping one glass after another of the great OJ! then food. OMG don't even remind me. it was awesome! best part about the wedding season is the food.

there was rasgula rabdi (awesome), some aloo preparation (yum), samosa (heavenly) and my fave white and yellow khaman!!!! other than food, there was an aunty convention sort of thing going on, where in all the aunties gather and comment on my sister's "annu" or the bridal trousseau. and yes my mom made me sit through the entire thing wanting to know what and which gold set i liked and why. =|

so tomorrow i have to get up even earlier.
9 o'clock: Dhaval bhai-Tejal's god dhana thingy
10 o'clock: run to Intercontinental for the Sunny bhai wedding. hectic!

I'll keep you guys posted!

No comments: