Saturday, November 29, 2008

day 8

so finally the terror siege ended today! what a day!

i do things which i am not supposed to, i have made a habit out of it! like my recent stint with sitting in a room full of people with wet mehndi, and now i had a major allergic reaction! last time i did that, i had boils on my nose, this time around its been a little less harsh with me, i just had horrendous body ache and my eyes got swollen, thats it! so i spent most of the morning sleeping, missing most part of the "mandva" ceremony. i mean i will have to wear a gas mask when they apply mehndi on my wedding!

all the assorted uncles and aunties had lost it, on top of the list was my dad. they greeted everyone who entered the house with a random obscure gujju song! EVEN ME! oh and everyone ragged Nirali bhabhi today. (there are two niralis in my family, for those who didn't know, one me and one my first cousin's wife). reached home like 4 in the afternoon and then went of to sleep on account of my eyes and body ache. it got better by late evening.

dinner part was fun! first of all played with Bhagya again. today i even fed him his dinner. Spiderman style! oh the joke of the day: someone apparently told Nita aunty that i was engaged! when she told us (me and mom) that, we both started laughing so hard, i swear my lungs were gonna fall off!

that apart, they had arranged for one guy to come to make us play games. that was SUPER fun! there was this one game where you were supposed to answer unrelated to the question asked to the person to your right. basically lie. I WON! so now i am award winning liar. my golden quote was "mari mummy char varas ni che" (my mom is 4 yrs old) and "mara ghar ma bhoot che" (my house has a ghost in it). so earned 500 bucks yay! the second game was complicated one, which Mansi didi won. yeah there was a part where Herin bhai forgot he was married! Anu bhabhi said she is going to make him write imposition stating "i am married to Anuja" a 100 times. =)

we kept reminding Mansi didi that she was getting married today, so everyone was asking her what is her last wish for the day, she said don't let me marry tomorrow in the most sarcastic way! but Dhaval bhai had other ideas, he suggested "lets get male strippers for you," i was like "yeah! goody!!", then i got a stare and a quick answer saying, "dude you are not 21 yet", i said "one year is ok yaar, what!" he says "ok then its fixed, raat ko 12.30 Krishnalaya terrace, we'll tell Moni we are going for samayak =P" this obviously didn't happen. =(

then i reached home, that is when Kunal bhai asked for the net, because he had received some biodatas he was supposed to read. so here we were going through biodatas of my prospective bhabhis. lets see how that goes.

tomorrow is the big day! then i am going to study, promise! so i am going to wear a Saree in the morning wedding part, this time its maroon and ochre, and in the reception, a full length black gown (thanks again to Nipa didi for the gorgeous thing, i LOVE your choice). i will put up pics in the blog post about tomorrow. tomorrow have to get up like at 7 (sucks) so let me sign off now, till tomorrow.

keep smiling and stay safe...
xoxox

No comments: