Sunday, November 9, 2008

an ode to ipod nano....

yes i admit i am the most careless person on the whole wide world for losing my ipod. even though it was almost 3 yrs old i loved the old have-it-all! miss you =( i can still remember its glossy back and still covered in plastic front, and the wonderful unspoilt mirror finish. how i managed that is beyond me. but alas. good things never last. never mind.

the day i lost it, my world came crashing down like a grandest tragedy of my almost 20 yr life. i thought ok i did it. i thought now I'll have to live my life without an ipod. *does a little more melodrama, cleans a tear of nostalgia*

that was almost a month back from now. my parents told me they wont give me another one at least until next year. i was heart broken but i knew i deserved that. my family and my cousins found it hard to believe that i was living without it so long. they took a pity on my ipod-less existence and somehow convinced my dad to buy me another one, abiet a little downgraded.

i never knew when he researched it and ordered it from my cousin in the US and how he managed getting the info how much memory i required and what colour. lets give thanks to Chintan bhai for uglofy-ing the info out of me. even though i went from 30 gb to 16 gb. it doesn't matter. my music is with me again. i don't have to stare out of my window in the train any longer because i had nothing else.

he gave it to me on Diwali day. best Diwali gift ever! now my third ipod is gonna live like a king. best cover, and my best care. the thing i love about my ipod is, one: the colour. steel grey and black. two: shake to shuffle (trust me its super fun!). three: hold button. seriously its small and cute disc shaped. four: no fingerprints when i touch it. yay! lastly, the shape and size. its so thin and sleek, it gets in the pockets of my tightest pants without shoving it!

long live parents. you guys are cool! mwaah!

p.s: they actually are. i lost my ipod and then got my belly pierced both in a span of two weeks still i got a new ipod! it thought there would be a world war after my belly piercing stunt. i love them!

1 comment:

Nipa said...

cool! i am getting ready to get mine since i need a new one (the old one doesnt even work anymore) -glad to hear the new nano is so much fun :) and yes your parents are pretty cool with you --- have they read this entry of yours?!